• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Itumeleng Khune speaks out after being fired by Kaizer Chiefs

Soccer Laduma

Itumeleng Khune speaks out after being fired by Kaizer Chiefs

Postby maco » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Itumeleng Khune speaks out after being fired by Kaizer Chiefs, ,

CLUBLESS Bafana Bafana goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune might have something up his sleeve.

The now out-of-contract star Kaizer Chiefs keeper, who returned from national duty yesterday, said he was ready to entertain offers for his services from other clubs.

The 27-year-old is currently training on his own, like midfielder Mandla Masango, while his English agent Dan Lichman attempts to tie down his next move.

However, Khune is still playing his cards close to his chest and keeping the public guessing on where he might end up, with speculation ranging from a return to Amakhosi to a link-up with former coach Stuart Baxter at Gencerbirligi in Turkey.

Sources close to the player said Khune was now ready to map his way forward as he led Bafana to a 5-0 aggregate victory over Mauritius at the Stade Anjalay on Sunday in their 2016 African Nations Championship preliminary round qualifier.

On arrival from Mauritius yesterday, Khune said: "I talk to my agent every day but I can't reveal what we've been discussing . . . It's still early days. I'm going back home to relax. Whoever asks for my services should know I'm ready."

Masango has been media shy after his apparent breakaway from his agent Walter Mokoena, but chatter is that he is likely to return to Chiefs.

The third party in the Chiefs ousting is defender Tefu Mashamaite, who is currently on trial at New York City FC in the United States, where he is said to be on the verge of securing a contract with the Major League Soccer outfit.

New contractual talks for the trio of Khune, Masango and Mashamaite were abandoned last month when Chiefs deemed their new salary expectations unreasonable.

User profile picture
maco

Advertisement

Return to Soccer Laduma

Login  •  Register

• Advertisement