• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Itumeleng Khune's biggest mistake, Kaizer Chiefs boss tells him to turn to God

Soccer Laduma

Itumeleng Khune's biggest mistake, Kaizer Chiefs boss tells him to turn to God

Postby maco » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Itumeleng Khune's biggest mistake, Kaizer Chiefs boss tells him to turn to God, ,

ITUMELENG Khune chose money over his career and now it seems he's about to lose both. His future looked bright with Kaizer Chiefs, as he was raised and groomed there.

Soccer analyst, Letladi wa Ga-Mphahlele from Maralaleng said Khune made his biggest mistake.

"I wonder why our players don't seem to learn from other's mistakes. Khune should have listened to Brian Baloyi's advice not to leave Chiefs. The boy was getting enough money – he was the best paid player at the club. But he chose to demand more. I think Chiefs' management should distance themselves from him, because he chose to bite the hand that fed him," he said.

Meanwhile, Kaizer Chiefs football manager Bobby Motaung says it could take a trip to church for Itumeleng Khune and Mandla Masango to "find themselves".

The out-of-contract pair left Amakhosi at the end of last season amid demands for higher wages but are now "on the streets" according to Mamelodi Sundowns coach Pitso Mosimane.

Motaung gave the clearest indication yet in this past weekend's Sowetan that Khune and Masango will not return to the club before the start of next season.

"We have been talking to the players and they have been playing hardball and making ridiculous demands. In life you must humble yourself and also be clear about what you want as a person," said Motaung.

"A contract is a contract. I don't know whether they are taking chances or whether they are trying their luck. This club has been there for them for so many years.

"They are playing mind games or trying to play hardball, but it is affecting them, not us. I told them, 'Go home, find some perspective and even go to church to find yourself.'"

Motaung confirmed that Khune and Masango intend to meet with the club again to discuss possible returns, but stressed that Chiefs have to continue to look ahead to next season.

"They have attempted to meet with us but we are in camp, we are in pre-season. We are moving on as an organisation, we have a team that needs to be prepared. If they come here, they must have an understanding of what they want … they are free, they don't have contracts, so if there are clubs out there, why don't they sign them?"

User profile picture
maco

Advertisement

Return to Soccer Laduma

Login  •  Register

• Advertisement