• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Is'thuzi star Thuso Mbedu has been nominated for Emmy award

Is'thuzi star Thuso Mbedu has been nominated for Emmy award

Postby WinA » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 am

Is'thuzi star Thuso Mbedu has bagged her first international award nomination for her role on the Mzansi Magic series

Mbedu has been nominated for her role as Winnie on teen drama, Is’thunzi, in the Best Performance by an Actress category. She is the only black woman to be nominated, reports eNCA.

The actor took to Instagram to share her excitement.

“So it’s been brought to my attention that I’ve been nominated for the INTERNATIONAL EMMY AWARDS which is kind of a BIG DEAL for me I have to say my thank you, she wrote.
“I am here by the Grace of God! So before I say anything else : Thank you Jesus.
I don’t know how to put this into words. I’ve screamed, I’ve danced and jumped, I’ve prayed (and my vocabulary wouldn’t rise to the occasion) and I’ve cried. I am so humbled.”

Mbedu went on to thank Sdumo Mtshali, who she worked with on the show. “Bhuti, you were my go-to person. You were never tired of helping me when I was frustrated or confused by my offers. You were always willing to talk it out and suggest different ways of playing it. We need more people like you! Thank you so much,” she wrote.

READ MORE: 5 MINUTES WITH MAKGOTSO M
According to Move! magazine, the actress studied drama and performing arts at the University of the Witwatersrand. She landed her first TV role in 2014 after graduating.

However, she said that despite not struggling to break into the industry, she still sometimes struggles to get the roles she wants.

“I sometimes don’t get roles, because I often get told that I look young for my age. This can be very frustrating, because I know that I am old enough to play the character,” she says.

Mbedu has also been in Mzansi Magic’s Saints and Sinners, on which the 25-year old played the role of Boni.

“Being part of Saints and Sinners was a blessing. Working with great actors like Nthati Moshesh and Tshepo Maseko was an honour for me. I have learnt so much from them and there is nothing about their presence that is intimidating. They are very welcoming,” she said.

Congratulations to the star – we wish her all the best!

Attachments
1506577443711.jpg
1506577443711.jpg (262.36 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
User profile picture
WinA

Advertisement

Return to Others

Login  •  Register

• Advertisement