• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Pray in church not in parliament- KZN ANCYL

This is a platform where we can debate local and international current affairs.

Postby maco » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:56 am

THE ANC Youth League in KwaZulu-Natal lambasted Minister of International Relations and Cooperation Maite Nkoana-Mashabane yesterday for falling asleep during the debate on the impeachment of President Jacob Zuma's in Parliament this week.

Addressing a special executive provincial committee meeting at the University of KwaZulu-Natal’s Edgewood Campus in Pinetown, provincial secretary Thanduxolo Sabelo said: “Parliament is no place to pray. We are under attack there and you are busy sleeping or praying and you want us to take you seriously.

“It means you sleep even at the United Nations ... Pray in church, in Parliament lead the revolution … Stop praying, minister, wake up …” The EFF's Mbuyiseni Ndlozi had South Africa in stitches when he stood up during the debate and accused the minister of sleeping. “I am worried that this minister that we pay so much, Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane, she is sleeping in Parliament and with that position she is going to fall.

“I don’t know what is happening, she is still sleeping … It is unacceptable … We pay you, don’t sleep here … We are busy debating and you are sleeping. You are a sleepist … You are sleeping on duty,” said Ndlozi. An angry Nkoana-Mashabane stood up, pointed at Ndlozi and said she did not know “what this little boy is talking about”.

The ANC presented a united front this week voting against the impeachment of Zuma, following a damning ruling by the Constitutional Court that found Zuma had flouted the Constitution. A motion brought by the DA to remove Zuma from office failed, with 233 MPs voting against it and 143 voting in favour.
Attachments
images (11).jpg
images (11).jpg (18.18 KiB) Viewed 825 times
User profile picture
maco

Advertisement

Return to News and Current Affairs

Login  •  Register

• Advertisement