• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

One Man, One Wife! Not one man, two, three, four....wives!

Postby watchman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:29 pm

User profile picture
watchman

Advertisement

Re: One Man, One Wife! Not one man, two, three, four....wives!

Postby athini » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Please where can i find this in the Bible?
User profile picture
athini

Postby amos » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:39 pm

athini wrote:Please where can i find this in the Bible?

are you a musilim or christian before answer of ur question?
User profile picture
amos

Postby athini » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:40 pm

amos wrote:
athini wrote:Please where can i find this in the Bible?

are you a musilim or christian before answer of ur question?

i am a christian,but to say the fact am just trying to go deep into the bible thats why i ask such question. It's not that i am arguing...just help me if you can.
User profile picture
athini

Postby watchman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:41 pm

athini wrote:i am a christian,but to say the fact am just trying to go deep into the bible thats why i ask such question. It's not that i am arguing...just help me if you can.

Thanks for the question beloved. Read Matthew 19:4-6, Genesis 2:24, 1Corinthians 7:2, 1Timothy 3:2.
User profile picture
watchman

Postby lucky » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:45 pm

no doubt about that but i want you to trow light on a ask somone show me in the bible about david afta killin uriah's wife, let me get d portion in d bible first...
User profile picture
lucky

Postby daniel » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Pls sir, Does it mean dat any man dat marries more dan 1 wife will go to hell?
User profile picture
daniel

Postby grace » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:46 pm

i was begining to think that even d biblical laws were against women, until i met JESUS face to face twice! my entire being changed. all i want to everdo since then is OBEY! even if i seem to struggling with certain traits, its bcos i stayed in sin for too long! th4 i will marry only one hsbnd. david didnt go to hell cos of uriah's wife or many wives, but he experienced hell on earth. but then God used that to liberate us.. solomon who came from that line sumarz d whole thing as VANITY...
User profile picture
grace

Postby grace » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:46 pm

vanity can derail a man or woman from d path of truth, and that is really what takes one to hell-refusing to stop sinning.
marrying many wives will pull a man or woman to all directns until u miss the way, unless like solomon u realiz in time...
User profile picture
grace

Postby amos » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:47 pm

concern issue of plenty wives of solomon david jacob,it is has another spiritual meaning that is why they repent and make heaven,but lameck who was first marry two wives from generation of cain did not repent and he not make heaven
User profile picture
amos

Postby david » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 pm

The Implications of Having more than One wife are: 1. Sin against the Most High that had made perfection of the Law-Jesus Christ 2. Sin against your own soul by not minding the thing of God always rather finding the mean of pleasing ur wifes till the end of ur life on Earth without any reasonable God's Will for you. 3. Concentrated on how to satisfies ur Wifes may lead u to ungodly works, behaviour, pride, love, care etc where this might Lead you to Hell Fire--Moses marryed with One potiphas' daughter and One Son before he started d God'Will...further reading, Only whom God gave Humanity' Law and Jesus Christ that reveal how to make perfection of the Law even ever marry to any one. Now...JUDGE UR SELF... Starting from Jesus to His First Saints,,, Who marryed to Two Wifes...??? Having Two Wifes is Covetness and God said He will wipe out from His Kingdom bcs d man is mindful of himself not the thing of God.
User profile picture
david

Advertisement

Postby watchman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:19 pm

You will go to Hell if you marry more than one wife. God only recognizes the first wife. So you are only committing adultery with those other ones you claim to marry. Unless you repent and make restitution by returning them to their respective parents.
User profile picture
watchman

Postby lucky » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:19 pm

in 2 samuel 12 vs 8, where God said if is a mata of wives he wud hav givin him plenty...can we say God suported poligamy there?
User profile picture
lucky

Postby watchman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:23 pm

lucky wrote:in 2 samuel 12 vs 8, where God said if is a mata of wives he wud hav givin him plenty...can we say God suported poligamy there?

God never said it and it is not written anywhere in the Bible that God said He would have given David many wives.
Here is what it says in that 2 Samuel 12:8 "And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things."
Now, Have you seen where God said he would have added David many wives if he wanted to?
User profile picture
watchman

Postby ThandoS63 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:28 am

watchman wrote:One Man, One Wife! Not one man, two, three, four....wives!

No I don't believe in such even king Solomon took many wives
User profile picture
ThandoS63

Postby Ken » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Let's not forget that there came a time that God told Abraham to send Hagar away and after that he remained with Sarah his first wife, lived with her for the rest his life until he died. Without adding another wife
User profile picture
Ken

Return to Religion

Login  •  Register

• Advertisement