• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Former Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) MP Andile Mngxitama 6 properties to be repossessed

This is a platform where we can debate local and international current affairs.

Former Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) MP Andile Mngxitama 6 properties to be repossessed

Postby maco » Sat May 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Former Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) MP Andile Mngxitama has fallen on hard times since he lost his Parliamentary job last year.

Nedbank is due to auction his six properties, situated in Jeppestown and Belgravia, Johannesburg, later this month. This is after the bank obtained a judgment against him in January.

However, Mngxitama was adamant that he had been given a raw deal by the bank.

“I don’t know how many times this bank have told me that they have sold my property. It’s their major scam. I am going to fight these evils. They have been threatening to sell my property so many times.”

He said the repossession had nothing to do with his loss of income of over R80 000 per month as an MP. “I am broke like any other black person,” he protested when DRUM contacted him.

The six pieces of land have two dwellings erected on them. The executors describe the properties, which are to go under the hammer in Braamfontein on the 26th of May, as follows: “There are two dwellings over six stands. One of which has four bedrooms two bathrooms, kitchen, lounge, dining room. The other has three bedrooms, bathroom, lounge, kitchen and dining room.”
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (29.76 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
User profile picture
maco

Advertisement

Return to News and Current Affairs

Login  •  Register

• Advertisement